>> Saturday, January 15, 2011
How to Propagate:
Cuttings: stem tip
Best Times to Propagate Catmint:
Spring through Summer
How to make cuttings of catmint.
- Take 3-4 inch long cuttings.
- Remove all the leaves except for two to four at the top of the cutting.
- Pinch the tip to encourage branching.
- Dip the end in rooting hormone and place it in a rooting medium. Rooting hormone isn't necessary but will speed rooting.
- Keep the cuttings moist and monitor the cutting for a week to two weeks. I've found some catmint cuttings will root in as little as 5 days under the right conditions.
Every time a stem tip cut is made it will result in branching which encourages a bushier plant and gives you more material for future cuttings!